The Australian Government said the agreement meant a range of Australian agricultural exports would now be able to enter Japan duty free, including prawns, lobsters, asparagus, cherries, grapes, macadamia nuts and almonds.
According to The Australian Financial Review today, Australian farmers are now ready to take advantage of low interest rates and invest in their businesses.
But unfortunately, this article didn’t tell us how the farmers should invest the money....
Japan Australia Business Creators Pty Ltd thinks that creation of branding image is very important to success the agriculture business in Australia if they want to export their products into Japan.
Let’s have a look what has been done for agriculture business (to success) in Japan.
Case study in Japan
Japanese Government (Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) investigated some projects which built local branding in Japan.
The projects in Japan which could not generate the revenue streams have the following problems regarding the quality and marketing:
1) Management of the quality is insufficient and cannot differentiate it from other products
2) Do the sales activities without specify the branding image and the target of customers
3) There is no branding concept such as:
- How to sell the products?
- What kind of quality of products companies want to sell?
- Who is the targeted customer?
Establishing name of the branding and/or image character is not enough at all.
4) Introduced the improved or new products and began to sell, however, it could not catch up with the development of the production system.
The following characteristics can be found from the successful case that could generate revenue streams and has led to the activation of the local region by creation of branding image:
1) Taking advantage of local own history and narrative, the area of the image and region-specific climate conditions
2) The name, mark (label), etc. to ensure the quality and quality are properly managed
- The quality controls of the products were performed well such as:
> Develop the cultivation standard and the shipment standard
> Only allow the use of the name/ mark (label) to those that meet the certification standards
> Acquiring the trademark right to protect the name/ mark (label)
- The action not to betray consumers' confidence for the label is accomplished.
3) The marketing strategy was superior
Marketing to suit the agricultural and marine products and regional food have been made such as:
- During the development of the market of goods, stick to direct sales
- Keep the close relationship with customers by direct mail distribution, etc.
- Limit the distribution channel to the high-quality department stores
Japan Australia Business Creators Pty Ltd (J-ABC) provides business liaison and facilitation to expand business creation, joint ventures and business partnerships between Japanese and Australian enterprises.
Japan Australia Business Creators Pty Ltd will show you more details and we can also introduce the people and company who have knowledge and experience to create the branding image (in Japan) if you want.
If you are interested in our 30 minutes free consultation, please contact us.