Shorten pledged that if Labor wins the election, six million cancer scans over four years, including MRIs, will be paid for. Further, three million appointments with specialists, like oncologists, will also be covered.
Here is the summary:
• $1.1 billion lift in primary care funding, and $309 million boost to imaging.
• Indexation freeze to be lifted for a further 113 GP items on Medicare.
• Commonwealth website created where specialists outline costs.
• $2.3 billion Medicare cancer plan over four years.
• All drugs recommended by experts will list on PBS.
• $600 million spent to cover all out-of-pocket costs for diagnostic imaging.
If you want to read this article in Japanese, please see the following link: